FOREIGN ORGANIZERS OF SEMINARS & CONFERENCES
VAT rules when organizing Conferences & Seminars in France
Organizing a professional event in France usually gives rise to expenses on which local VAT is charged. The French VAT can be reclaimed by the foreign organizer, provided that certain tax rules are observed and relevant procedures are correctly set up.
As a Fiscal representative and specialist of VAT matters in Europe, Corintax® assists foreign PCOs (Professional Congress Organizers) in the implementation of tax rules in relation with the organization of professional meetings in France.
Organize, it is also to anticipate tax impacts on your project!
Expenses on which French VAT is usually charged
- Rental of venue or meeting space
- Hotel accommodation for delegates
- Airport transfers and Inland transportation
- Printing of professional documents
- Purchase of gifts for delegates and speakers
- Purchase of miscellaneous goods
- Other entertainment expenses for delegates
- Fluids such as water and electricity
- Catering expenses (foods and beverage)
- Cleaning of the event venue
- Creation of signage for the event venue
Expenses on which French VAT is not usually charged
- Rental of audiovisual and computer equipments
- Decoration of the meeting venue
- Installation of exhibition spaces such as “desks” or “booths”
- Telecommunication service (phone, internet)
- Hiring of technical professionals, hostesses, translators and interpreters
For further help or Advice:
For further insight on this matter, feel free to contact us and indicate if you will charge admission fee to delegates or rather if you are acting as a third-party organizer for a single client.